It's time for some end-of-year event planning. What are some of the best ideas for summer corporate catering? Summer is a great time for a refreshing, seasonal event. You can use the bright, sunny summer months as inspiration for your food, drinks, and decor.
The Best Venues For Your Summer Event
First: It's time to look for a venue! The first step when organising catering for corporate events is to find the right place to host. Start with your head count, and then you can find a venue that works best for you.
- The Royal Botanical Gardens. Enjoy the lush greenery of the botanical gardens, which can seat anywhere from 80 to 550 guests. Private landscaping and courtyards make this an elegant, contemporary retreat, with a number of fantastic locations: Bennelong Lawn, Fleet Steps, and the Rose Garden. Choose the Botanical Gardens if you want to emphasise nature for your summer event.
- The Australian National Maritime Museum. A cool breeze off the open waters will make this summer venue a refreshing experience. This waterfront property hosts from 30 to 300 people, and can create some cozy corporate events. Choose the Australian National Maritime Museum if you want to have a waterfront retreat for your guests.
- The Island Sydney. This event space comes with a fully licensed bar and enough room for 70 people sitting and 200 people standing. A unique venue, The Island is a floating beach club with private water taxis, sure to be a memorable experience. Choose The Island in Sydney if you want to host a spectacular event, such as an awards ceremony, product launch, or end-of-year wrap.
- Prince Henry Centre. Take in the pristine views of the Pacific Ocean and dramatic Sydney coastline. Located in Eastern Sydney, the Prince Henry Centre offers small, medium and large private function rooms as well as terraces, dressing rooms and an amphitheatre. The facility is a favourite for Summer weddings, but it also perfect as an exhibition space.
Once you have your venue selected, then you can get started on your theme, decor — and select your Sydney corporate catering. Your catering is going to be one of the most important aspects.
The Best Food For Your Summer Events
Summer events demand a special type of catering, and it's one we know very well at Laissez-faire. For a summer lunch, you want refreshing, light food, often with a number of different options.
- The best burgers and sliders for summer lunches. Burgers and sliders are loved by everyone, and they're convenient and easy to eat. If people are wandering around and socialising, they can pick up a burger and go. Create a few different types of burger, or let people customise their burger, to keep everyone happy.
- The best canapés for summer events. Canapés are a fantastic solution for a summer event. Canapés let everyone try out different flavours, and let the catering company experiment with expressive and interesting tastes. Canapés are the best catering food for socialising, as people can grab a few small bites as they go.
- The best desserts for summer parties. For summer parties, fresh, seasonal fruit make the best desserts. An assortment of seasonal desserts that are easy to eat can keep the party going. Fruit-based and alcohol-infused popsicles make for a fun treat, and they're easy for people to hold while they do other things.
- The best cocktails and spritzers for summer cocktail parties. People remember both meals and dessert, and drinks shouldn't be forgotten. Some seasonal cocktails and spritzers are going to be exciting and memorable.
Food and drink is what people remember most out of any event, and it's entertainment in and of itself. So don't forget to plan in advance for summer catering events.
The Best Entertainment for Your Summer Event
Once your catering is in place, it's time to plan the rest of your summer event. Start with planning your decor and finding a cheerful, seasonal theme. Entertainment can include live music and awards ceremonies. Make sure to schedule your entertainment throughout the evening: Otherwise the party is over once the food has been eaten!
Are you about to start planning your summer catering events? Contact us today to find out more about what we can do for you. Make an enquiry today.