Liven up your next business function with the inclusion of a theme! When used properly, a theme can breathe life into an event or encourage excitement about an upcoming company do. Encourage engagement and develop your company culture through more detailed, interesting, and compelling events.
The Benefits of Corporate Event Themes
Christmas parties, end of year parties, and milestone celebrations -- all of these can be celebrated though a themed event. Many employees don't find the prospect of an employee event overly alluring; they feel more obligated to attend than excited. Creating a fun theme is a way to draw in employees who would otherwise be disengaged.
Corporate event themes also make it easier for you to plan your event, as it gives you guidance regarding essentials such as catering, decoration, and activities. It may be difficult to figure out how to celebrate a generic "end of year" party, but it's much easier if you're doing a "retro flashback" theme.
Creating Themes for Sydney Corporate Events
What are the best themes for Sydney corporate events? It all depends on the business and the event that's being celebrated.
- New Year's Events. If you want to go modern, glow stick events are a festive and affordable way to jazz up a traditional New Year's Event. If you'd rather go classic, a "roaring 20's" theme can be a fun way to get everyone involve. Don't forget a costume prize -- and include an exciting way to ring in the New Year.
- Corporate Milestones. Whether you've come in under budget or met revenue goals, celebrating corporate milestones will encourage employees to work harder. Consider something like a "casino night"; keep it fun and light-hearted to truly ensure that the employees have fun rather than feeling as though it's like work.
- Holiday Parties. During the holidays, no one wants to go to yet another business Christmas party. Liven it up with a tropical getaway theme, giving employees a new way to celebrate old traditions.
- Product Launches. When products launch, you want the business to get hyped! Consider dramatic events that relate to the product launched, such as a racetrack theme for a road-worthy product. Don't forget the red carpet!
With a little thought, you can find the perfect theme for nearly every corporate event.
Planning Corporate Events in Sydney
One of the major benefits of establishing a theme is that it makes the entire process of organising and conceptualising the event faster and easier. Once you know the theme of your event, you'll be able to easily figure out:
- Where the event should be held. Outside? Inside? On company campus or a rented venue? A casino night would necessitate something extravagant and sophisticated, while a tropical vacation theme would lend itself better to the outdoors.
- What type of food is being served. Does it require trendy appetisers? Or is it more a company potluck type of event? A roaring 20's event would be best run with some elegant apartifs.
- What decorations are used. What should the colors be? Are there symbols closely related to the theme? With a tropical vacation theme, you already know sand, coconuts, and palm trees may factor in.
- What entertainment should be brought in? Is there a type of music commonly associated with this theme? Are there any specific entertainers? At a casino night you might have poker dealers or other "gambling."
- What should guests wear? Is this type of theme usually formal or informal? A tropical event could be firmly casual, while a casino night might demand formality.
Themes give you a solid jumping off point so you can create a detailed company event plan without having to create everything from whole cloth. For many themes, you may be able to easily find information online.
Example Themes for Corporate Events
There are no restrictions on the type of theme you can use for your corporate events, provided they're appropriate and professional. Take risks and be bold and you're more likely to create a memorable event.
- James Bond 007 theme. Bring out the inner spy of your employees with a spy-vs-spy theme, including elegant dress, casino inspired decor, and intricate food and drink.
- Las Vegas theme. Go big and bold with a larger than life Vegas theme. Glitter, lights, and all the trappings of Vegas can be incorporated into something like fundraising.
- Winter Wonderland theme. Bring fake snow and mistletoe into the hotter months, such as by celebrating a themed Christmas in July.
- Circus theme. Bring in some clowns, fair food, and a festive, brightly colored decor for this "kids" theme that's equally fun for adults.
- Summer vacation theme. Let employees go casual with a summer vacation while still at work, especially useful to reward employees for a job well done.
Those are just a few corporate events that you may want to consider. There are endless possibilities, depending on the event itself and your company's goals. Through themed events, you'll find it easier to plan ahead and figure out everything from what food you want to serve to where it will be best held.
Need some help planning your next corporate event in Sydney? Let us know!