Laissez-Faire Catering is committed to taking the sustainable path in a largely environmentally-unfriendly industry. We consistently implement new methods of reducing waste, attend workshops highlighting eco friendly practices, and form partnerships with like-minded businesses to decrease our carbon footprint.
Embracing Local Products to Reduce Event Waste
- Laissez-Faire Catering uses sustainable, organic, pesticide-free and antibiotic-free ingredients and products from farms in Berry, Richmond, Erina and urban farms right here in Sydney.
- We source our wines from vineyards that practice organic and sustainable farming, and suggest sourcing beer, spirits, and specialty beverages from local vendors.
Avoiding Waste for Corporate Events
The average wedding or large event produces 400-600lbs of garbage!
- Laissez-faire Catering reduces our impact by utilizing reusable service wares when possible and compostable products when applicable.
- We are committed to composting and recycling both in our own venues and off-site.
- We avoid plastic water bottles (in favor of good old Sydney tap, or glass and aluminum), and avoid all single-use and non-recyclable plastics.
- We use strict food measuring, inventorying, and storing techniques to avoid food waste.
Engaging in Community Responsibility
Laissez-faire Catering is committed to supporting our local neighbourhoods and communities.
Laissez-faire Catering reduces food waste and supports the community by partnering with OzHarvest. OzHarvest is Australia's leading food rescue charity. We collect quality surplus food, distribute it to people in need and divert food waste from landfill.
Learn more about our sustainable practices here.
If you have a specific question about how we can run your event sustainably, contact us or give us a call on (02) 9209 4810.