Most of us enjoy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with our families. The day involves a LOT of food, drinks and desserts, plus a lot of laughs.
Take some inspiration from the team at Laissez-faire this Christmas. Instead of the boring ham and pavlova combo, try something new this year.
Here's a few ideas from our instagram to get you inspired to revamp Christmas this year:
1. Introduce new flavours this Christmas. These bite-sized prawns are a great option for entrees and finger food. Cook with plenty of herbs and include a dipping sauce for the ultimate flavour!
2. Decorate! If you've got the time and the budget, pick up some trendy decorations for your table setting (reusable for any other dinner party or holiday). Include plants (real or fake) for a relaxed table.
3. Create a signature drink. There's still time before the big day so it's time to experiment! Mix up a new drink to serve on the day. A punch is a great idea because you can make a huge batch on the day and it will last for ages!
4. Make a dessert with a difference. Do away with the regular old pavlova and try something new! We whipped up these coconut, ice cream and frozen berry treats a few weeks ago and they were a hit! Christmas day is bound to be a scorcher so offer these to your guests and they'll cool down instantly!
5. Keep it simple and healthy. If you've got a BBQ, that's the best option for feeding a lot of people on Christmas day. You can keep it healthy and easy to prepare.
6. Think outside the box. Having the entire extended family over for Christmas? Save on washing up time by taking plates out of the occasion entirely! Get some cheap glasses that are easy to hold in one hand and serve up your entrees and desserts in these. It's different and more efficient than cleaning up 20+ plates!
7. Get creative! If you've ever tried your hand at decorative baking, you know how much fun it can be. Bake up some Christmas-themed treats. Think santa, reindeers, snowmen, candy canes. Make a cake and decorate it or put together a little work of art like these delicious snowmen cookies we created:
8. Follow us on instagram for more food and dining inspiration!