With a thriving culinary scene and fantastic seasonal produce, Sydney City is rapidly becoming one of the best places in the world to organise a catered event. Whether planning a simple corporate lunch or an extensive corporate conference, the basics of organising corporate catering will remain the same.
How to Organise Catering for a Corporate Meeting in Sydney
- Begin with a thorough schedule. When will the meeting occur? When will you send out invites and receive a final headcount? Having a schedule will help you manage the project more precisely.
- Brainstorm ideas for the catering. Apart from a lunch or dinner, you will also want to consider corporate drinks and snacks. Is there a type of cuisine you want to feature?
Lock down the details. You'll need to know basic information such as how long the meeting is intended to be, what time it is going to be, and what the general plans will be.
- Contact a caterer. If you don't have a specific venue in mind, you may want to contact a caterer first -- as they may have some ideas regarding the right location. Otherwise, contacting a venue and a caterer should be done as early as possible.
Finding a Venue and Caterer in Sydney
Often, a caterer should be chosen early in the process of organising a corporate event. Caterers will be able to work with you to make suggestions regarding the types of food seasonally available and the ones that are best-suited to your event.
Before you contact a venue and a caterer, you should know:
How many employees will be attending?
- How large is the budget for this corporate event?
- Is there a venue that's already desired?
- Are you interested in a specific type of food?
Apart from this, your caterer can discuss your needs with you to better determine the right food and drinks for your corporate event. Caterers are able to suggest everything from venues to floor plan, and many caterers will be booked well in advance.
Tips for Organising Corporate Catering in Sydney City
- Consider looking at your caterer's menu in advance, taking notes on the things that you find interesting or appealing. Your caterer can then learn your tastes and preferences, which will aid them in developing your menu.
- Make sure to pin down the amount of employees early on, as a headcount will dramatically change the amount of food you need -- and consequently the food you can fit into your budget.
- Don't forget about the drinks. Drinks are often as important as the food itself, as they complement the food. A corporate caterer can give you more information on the drinks available.
- Consider a good variety of food. When it comes to corporate events, many people have varying dietary restrictions as well as different tastes. Having a large variety of foods is a good way to make sure everyone is taken care of.
- Choose your venue carefully. If your caterer has a preferred venue to work with, this is usually the best choice -- caterers know which areas will suit them in terms of preparation and service.
Are you currently planning a corporate event in Sydney City? Before you continue your organisation, contact the catering experts at Laissez-Faire. The dedicated chefs at Laissez-Faire can help you explore your options and simplify your planning.