Investec’s gala cocktail event is held annually to acknowledge and reward the company’s top performers.
The event was held in Cell Block Theatre. The location is a grand historic space in the heart of Sydney. Hidden behind a wall of sandstone, the Venue and the sheltered campus grounds, makes this the perfect location for hosting events that demand a WOW factor.
Inside, the 10-metre-high sandstone walls create the awed ambiance of a cathedral, an ambiance intriguingly inflected by its history as the women’s wing of the old Darlinghurst Gaol. The cells that held notorious criminals such as Kate Leigh, the “Queen of the Underworld”, have been removed, cut away to create a vast space adaptable to any use, but their presence remains visible upon the imposing walls.
During the event we had an artist who was drawing beautiful images which were then thrown against the walls in what was a transforming installation artwork piece.
Styling: Divine Events
Laissez-faire also curated cocktails to match the event and the colour theme that was introduced. Imagine watermelon coloured beverages with sticks of garden rosemary jutting from every glass. All this tied into the imagery that we used and the colours that the client had selected.
The pink and purple hues were also taken through the schematics of the food, which we had cleverly decorated with rich greens, floral decors of pinks and violet and given texture and volume with a clever selection of food stands and altering french boxes.
Overall the complete collection of the event was a symphony of elegance, vibrant colour, delicious food tempered with thoughtfully designed cocktails, the event was a resounding success and our clients have received wonderful feedback about the event and the stying, all of which we at Laissez-faire directed.
- Add a touch of luxury. Freshly shucked oysters
- Kingfish, compressed watermelon and pickled ginger
- Bethrunga lamb with aubergine, sun-blushed tomatoes and olive crostini
- Truffle ricotta and rosemary fig jam tart
- Loaded baby baked potato, sour cream, paprika dust
- Mushroom, truffle and parmesan arancini ball, parsley emulsion
- Wagu beef, caramelised onions, tomato, lettuce on a milkbun
- Tea smoked chicken skewers, spiced popcorn crumb, chipotle aioli
- Pea and parmesan risotto, shaved parmesan, vincotto splash, micro salad
- Chicken and pea and parmesan risotto, shaved parmesan, vincotto splash, micro salad
We loved catering at this event, and we love sharing these fantastic photos and bespoke menus with you!
Photographer: Feather & Birch
MC: Jeremiah Hartmann
What's Up Next?
We'll be posting more and more of these featured event pieces. Let us know on Facebook if you like them!
Need a caterer for your own event? If you like what you see we can produce something just as fantastic for you. Get started here.