From the technology to the venue, corporate conferences take a lot of work. But if you're organising a corporate conference, one of the most important things to remember is the food. If you're an Executive Assistant or Event Assistant, you're likely responsible for ensuring that all the little details go without a hitch. There are few things that people remember as strongly as not getting fed well!
Organising a Corporate Conference in Sydney
Conference catering is challenging. There needs to be a variety of food, and often an assortment of different types of food throughout the day. You aren't just creating a single menu, but rather an entire menu throughout the conference.
To that end, you need to:
- Know how many people are attending. This is the most important piece of information, because it controls how much food needs to be purchased, and how large the venue is.
- Find out whether there are any dietary restrictions. Some people attending may have serious allergies, be on a grain-free diet, or be vegetarian or vegan. Having these options for them is considerate, and not having these options available will be remembered.
- Figure out how long the conference will be. This controls which meals will be served. For many conferences, there will be at least two snacks (a morning tea and an afternoon tea) and a lunch.
Of course, these are just the tips you need to follow for the catering itself. There's a lot more to plan with a conference event, but catering is at least one of the areas that you can easily outsource to someone else. By hiring a professional catering company like Laissez-faire Catering, you can rely upon someone else to serve the food, and you can concentrate on other things.
Work With the Voice of Experience at Laissez-faire Catering
At Laissez-faire Catering, we've been involved in conference planning and conference catering in Sydney for 30 years. We know the ins and outs of catering conference events, which includes building a complete menu. Our conference menus are designed to be elegant and memorable.
Here's an example of one of our popular conference menus:
- On arrival, guests receive their choice of freshly brewed fair trade, organic coffee and hand-selected teas, served with chilled water.
- During morning tea, guests select two of the following: Bircher muesli, natural yoghurt, mini sweet muffins, mixed berry friands, bacon and egg tarts, smoked salmon bagels, petite croissant, bacon BBQ egg roll, mini orange cake, fruit'n'nut muesli bar, or seasonal fruit platter.
- During afternoon tea, guests select one from the following: mini sweet muffins, mixed berry friands, heirloom tomato quiche, bite-sized scones, house-made sausage roll, carrot cake, roast turkey croissant, dark chocolate brownie, mini baked doughnuts, mini orange cake, Macaron collection, seasonal fruit platter, fruit'n'nut muesli bar.
- During lunch, guests are served a selection of artisanal sandwiches. This includes gourmet sandwiches with roast chicken or egg, chive and pepper, filled baguettes with either sliced roast beef or ham, and a seasonal fruit platter, and orange juice.
This is just one of our conference menus! We developed three bespoke conference menus because we know not ever conference is the same. Note that these menus accommodate many diets and diet restrictions, including grain-free options, vegetarian options, and vegan options. Guests are able to have a variety of food throughout the day, starting with very light fare during the morning tea, and leading into more robust meals at lunch. Further, guests are allowed complete control of the options that they eat, rather than being served fixed course selections.
In addition to the food itself, coffee and tea remain available throughout the day, making it easy for guests to enjoy the beverage of their choice with their meal.
Creating a menu that is diverse, accommodates potential diet restrictions, and allows for choice is an on-going challenge, but it can be resolved by working with a professional. Laissez-faire Catering has been curating conference event menus for three decades, and knows exactly what works best for conference guests.
Review Our Conference Menu and Give Us a Call
Are you looking for ideas for your next conference event? You can start getting ideas about what you want for your conference by looking at our conference menus. Once you have a better idea of what you'd like, give us a call on (02) 9209 4810 or fill out our enquiry form. We can work with you to find a menu that is unique to your business, or we can use a menu that we've already created before that you like.
Want to get back to this menu easily? You can download it here as a pdf version.