The brief was simple…Southern style cooking showcasing the Jack Daniels range of whiskeys and we did just that!
The event was to celebrate Jack Daniel’s birthday. Since there is no record of JD’s actual date of birth, we were celebrating the whole fabulous month of September!
The event celebrated the world’s first crowd sourced bar, built entirely by JD’s Australian friends in return for a bottle of Jack and an invite to the party.
The event wasn’t for the feint-hearted, with a Tennessee Fix cocktail in one hand and a Cajun Dog in the other, it was all about giving back to the fans.
The Bar that Jack Built was the centrepiece in the newly re-opened Blacksmith Workshop at the ATP a fitting partner for this event.
Our chefs had a chance to experiment with flavours and ingredients to truly compliment the JD on show.
See the Jack Daniel’s infused menu below:
• Pulled pork sliders, with coleslaw and a Smokey Jack Daniel’s BBQ sauce
• Southern Fried Chicken with a side of sweet potato mash and ranch dip
• Texan braised beef pies
• Whisky and honey glazed ham rolls with a spiced apple chutney
• Read bean empanada with Jack Daniel’s and chipotle aioli
• Cheesy bacon potato skins
• Cajun Dog – mini hot dog with Texas steak chilli, smokey cheddar, Jalapenos
• Chilli lime corn cobs
Resident mixologist was in his element blending, shaking and garnishing his way through the JD Approved cocktails:
• Lynchburg Lemonade – showcasing JD Old No.7 with triple sec and lemon served shaken
• Tennessee Fix – with JD Old No. 7 and apple shaken with spiced honey and apple syrup
• Jack’s Mule – JD Tennessee Honey with lime, ginger beer and mint
• Velvet Elvis – exhibiting Gentleman Jack with chamboard and lemon
This event brought to us by Red Agency
The ATP captured the event well in their Jack Daniels Birthday Flickr photo stream.