RECIPE: Californian “pokebowl” Craze
The californian “pokebowl” craze has hit our shores. Check out our chefs HOT, FRESH easy peasy recipe…
- 430g (2 cups) sushi rice, rinsed
2 tablespoons sushi seasoning
500g sashimi-grade tuna steaks, cut into 1cm pieces
1 green shallot, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 large avocado, cut into
- Pickled ginger, to serve
Shallow-fried wonton wrappers, to serve (optional)
- Cook rice following the packet directions.
- Stir in the sushi seasoning.
- Melt remaining butter in same frypan and sauté bacon, leek, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat until leek is softened and bacon is slightly golden and caramelised.
- Combine tuna, shallot, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sesame seeds and chilli in a glass or ceramic bowl.
Divide the rice among bowls. Top with tuna mixture and avocado.
- Serve with the pickled ginger and wonton wrappers
Or... try it with noodles!