7 Venue Choices for Your Next Corporate Christmas Party
In this guest post, Kim Jones talks about the winning points for seven venues in Sydney.
Jingle bells and jingle that phone! There are only around 13 weeks until silly season starts with a frenzy. If we cut out weekends, we only have around 65 sleeps to go so it’s time to get started on where you’ll hold your Christmas function!
Here are seven great venues and their winning points:
1. The Island
Australia’s most exclusive, first and only floating beach club
- Positioned anywhere in Sydney Harbour
- Picturesque views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House
- Up to 200 guests.
The Island is a perfect choice for your Christmas party if you want to:
- Experience Australia’s first and only floating beach club
- Combine European beach club culture with the iconic Sydney Harbour
- Enjoy 5 star service and picturesque views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House
- Relax on beautifully decorated VIP cabana’s and daybeds
- Arrive in a private taxi water service
- Savour a fresh summer menu, cocktails and canapés customised for your event.
Read more about what your event will look and feel like at The Island.
2. Wylie's Baths
- A few hundred metres south of Coogee Beach in Sydney’s eastern suburbs
- Sweeping 180 degree views of the Pacific Ocean and the famous Wedding Cake Island
- Up to 250 guests.
Wylie’s Baths is an iconic Eastern Sydney spot, perfect for:
- A relaxed beach vibe
- Any event from cocktail parties to weddings and formal dinners
- Overlooking the historic Baths at Coogee Beach and Wedding Cake Island
- Themed parties.
Read more about what your event will look and feel like at Wylie’s Baths.
3. Harbour 220
- Located on the 15th floor of the Hudson Building on Macquarie Street
- Exclusive and intimate venue in the heart of Sydney’s CBD
- Stunning views of Sydney Harbour
- Overlooking the Opera House and Botanical Gardens
- Up to 150 guests.
Harbour 220 is for discerning clients who enjoy spectacular expansive harbour and city views:
- Elegant and sophisticated
- For functions, events and Board meetings
- Fabulous outside balcony
- Secure parking in the building.
Read more about what your event will look and feel like at Harbour 220.
4. Inglis Newmarket Stables
- From 32 guests to 1,000 guests
- Located in Randwick near the University of NSW
- Only 10 mins form Sydney’s CBD
- Secluded destination set on an incredible 11 acres.
With its majestic ceilings, this vintage barn style venue is surrounded by manicured gardens, towering fig trees and heritage listed buildings and provides the perfect backdrop for:
- Different rooms and spaces that lend to any size function or event
- Warm country heritage ambience in the city
- Privacy around your celebration.
Read more about what your event will look and feel like at Inglis Newmarket Stables.
5. Australian Technology Park Conference Centre
- The most original conference and exhibition venue in Sydney within 4kms of Sydney’s CBD
- Expert event management team with personalised coordination services at your fingertips
- Outdoor sporting facilities for corporate team building
- Different dedicated venue spaces to accommodate from 140 to 5,000 guests
- 1,000 rooms of accommodation in nearby hotels
- Volumes of on-site easy parking.
The Australian Technology Park marries a living heritage icon with state-of-the-art wireless electronic and video conferencing facilities and security to create the perfect space.
A venue of distinction and versatility to accommodate:
- A week of celebrations
- Gala events like the Australian Fashion Week
- Product launches
- Video or press conferences
- Easy access for transport of event assets.
Read more about what your event will look and feel like at the Australian Technology Park Conference Centre.
6. National Maritime Museum
- An architectural icon on the water celebrating our maritime history
- Located on the edge of Darling Harbour with views of the city skyline
- Events on shore or offshore on a vessel, even a destroyer!
- Different venue spaces to accommodate your function from 30 to 400 guests.
The National Maritime Museum is the perfect venue to reflect:
- The Maritime’s history of marine engineering
- A focus of excellence and detail for each venue space to customise size, shape and themes for your event.
Read more about what your event will look and feel like at the National Maritime Museum.
7. Prince Henry Centre
- Spectacular views over coastal sandstone cliffs and the Pacific Ocean at Little Bay
- 25 mins from the heart of Sydney’s CBD/ 15 mins from Randwick’s Anzac Parade.
Prince Henry Centre is the perfect backdrop for private celebrations with:
- Sustainable and innovative design
- An award-winning function centre
- A range of flexible spaces to accommodate 10 to 250 guests.
Read more about what your event will look and feel like at the Price Henry Centre.
Don’t leave it too late!
Enjoy your Christmas party planning; there are a lot of spectacular venues to choose from!
If you'd like some more information about any of our venues for your corporate Christmas party, don't hesitate to contact us or make an enquiry about a venue. Our team would be happy to help you plan a spectacular Christmas party for 2016.
More about the author
Kim Jones is a non executive director on private company, government and not-for-profit boards.
Kim is also a management consultant, with more than 30 years experience with roles including superannuation trustee, investor relations and communications specialist with ASX100 institutional fund managers and financial services companies. The earlier part of her career was spent as a marine scientist, high school teacher as well as promoting new technology at the University of New South Wales.
Kim holds a Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree from the University of Sydney, a Graduate Diploma of Education, and is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD).